How You Can Help
In 2004, Sylvania Community Services (SCS for short) established the SCS Foundation as a support organization to meet the growing needs of agency programs into the near future. The Foundation’s goal is to continue the mission of SCS by providing financial support even if normal funding sources change or disappear.
Like most non-profits, SCS has financial needs that are not totally covered by current revenue sources, and each year we assist families that qualify with reduced child care fees.
For Child Care, new funds from the Foundation will:
- Provide more scholarships and assistance to qualifying families;
- Be invested in curriculum development and enrichment programs;
- Help meet infrastructure and technology needs.
Some examples of what your gift could do include, but are not limited to:
- $100 could provide materials for multiple classrooms to help with handwriting and kindergarten readiness;
- $250 could send one lead teacher to an advanced Early Childhood Education Conference;
- $500 could provide music enrichment through 10 weeks of hour-long group music lessons at summer camp;
- $1,000 could help us install a piece of playground equipment of Woodrow preschool.
The following giving options are available:
Cash Contributions – donations may be directed toward a specific program, project, or purpose.
Commemorative Gifts – contributions may be made in memory of a friend or loved one, or to celebrate a special event.
Planned Giving – may be made in a will or a trust which names Sylvania Community Services Foundation as a direct or a charitable remainder beneficiary.
For more information call: Claire Proctor at 419.885.4126.