In 2004, Sylvania Community Services (SCS for short) established the SCS Foundation as a support organization to meet the growing needs of agency programs into the near future. The Foundation’s goal is to continue the mission of SCS by providing financial support even if normal funding sources change or disappear.
Like most non-profits, SCS has financial needs that are not totally covered by current revenue sources. Therefore we are also in need of donations throughout our community. You can click here to place an online donation to the SCS Foundation today.
For Child Care, new funds from the Foundation will:
- Enhance curriculum materials
- Provide financial aid for qualifying parents
- Purchase needed playground equipment and other capital items
For Sylvania Senior Center, new funds from the Foundation will:
- Increase programming that support the health and well-being of seniors
- Provide additional resources for seniors, their families, and the community
- Assist the Center in remaining responsive to changing needs in the senior population
The following giving options are available:
Gifts of Cash – donations may be directed toward a specific program, project, or purpose.
Commemorative Gifts – contributions may be made in memory of a friend or loved one, or to celebrate a special event.
Planned Giving – may be made in a will or a trust which names Sylvania Community Services Foundation as a direct or a charitable remainder beneficiary.
For more information call: Claire Proctor at 419.885.4126