How You Can Help
In 2004, Sylvania Community Services (SCS for short) established the SCS Foundation as a support organization to meet the growing needs of agency programs into the future. The Foundation’s goal is to continue the mission of SCS by providing financial support even if normal funding sources change or disappear.
Like most non-profits, SCS has financial needs that are not totally covered by current revenue sources. Additionally, over the years, grant support has declined, as have tax levy receipts due to a decline in property values.
For Sylvania Senior Center, new funds from the Foundation will:
- Enhance programming and resources that support the health and well-being of seniors;
- Supplement our food services operation and transportation services;
- Be invested in computer software and fitness equipment, assisting seniors with physical as well as mental health.
Some examples of what your gift could do include, but are not limited to:
- $75 could support computer instruction fees to help seniors stay up to date on technology;
- $250 could assist in providing preventative health screenings;
- $750 could help maintain and upgrade exercise equipment for fitness classes;
- $1,000 could help provide supportive services for seniors struggling with life transition issues.
The following giving options are available:
Cash Contributions – donations may be directed toward a specific program, project, or purpose.
Commemorative Gifts – contributions may be made in memory of a friend or loved one, or to celebrate a special event.
Planned Giving – may be made in a will or a trust which names Sylvania Community Services Foundation as a direct or a charitable remainder beneficiary.
For more information call: Claire Proctor at 419.885.4126.